Friday, March 27, 2009

DAY 24

Friday March 27th, 2009

I arrived to Kratie today at about 4:00pm. The original plan was to stay in Kratie for a couple days befor heading off to Laos. Now that i am here, i realise that it is literally a stop over for those who are going overland to and from Laos. The town here is really cute, but very very small. It's impossible not to run into the same people a few times in a day.

The highlight of Kratie is that it lies right beside the Mekong River and has sightings of the Irrawdy dolphins! I decided to hire a moto and make my way down to the dolphin sightings. The sighting spot is about 15 km away, so i also got a really awesome view of the surrouding villages during my ride there. When i got there soon learned that the boat ride is 9$ US, which is a huge jump from 2 - 3$ US that was quoted in the Lonely Planet and by the moto driver. So i decided to pass (it was almost sunset anyways) and try my luck on the Laos side.

I got back just in time to catch the sunset, which has got to be the most glorious sunset i have ever seen in my life.

Afterwards i decided to get my hair washed the Cambodian way. The wash here is a mix of massage and wash. They have you sit in a chair while they squeeze a combo of water and shampoo into your head, and pretty much scratch your scalp for the next 10 minutes, followed by a quick wash, and head and shoulder massage. i think they definitely got all that grime off my head. haha

The bugs are getting to me, its time for me to go.

No comments: