Saturday, March 14, 2009

Day 12

Sunday March 15th, 2009

Cameron Highlands was beautiful, but i definitely prefer Sapa! i think ive become a Sapa snob and nothing else can come close haha.

i ended up going to KL early because i decided that if i wanted to go to Singapore i would have to reserve a ticket, especially since it was the weekend. Good thing i did because when i got there, the ticket i wanted was sold out! i decided to leave the next morning, which actually worked out perfectly.

It was pretty late at night when i arrived so i decided to go to Wheelers Guesthouse. I had come to Wheelers Guesthouse last year with Tiffany and i remember it being exceptionally clean (well maybe compared to Anuja's). I had gotten a dorm room because it was the only one available at this time. The sleep wasn't the most comfortable, i found myself waking up a lot and scratching my legs. Maybe it was all the bites from when i got bitten by fire ants on the island?
It was bedbugs! I found them when i was changing in the washroom after my shower on my dress, and then again in my blanket! I was fortunate that i didn't get eaten alive like some of the travellers i had talked to.



Right now, is day 2 in Singapore! Singapore is a really cool city. I'm lucky to have Eva as my tour guide because we have been doing more of what the locals would do rather than the touristy areas.

Forcast calls for rain for the next few days :(

1 comment:

jade love said...

i am sooo behind my "Adventures of Hannah" read but..eek! bedbugs?!? i can't tell you enough how much i have nightmares of taking these little buggers home from work! luckily, we've never had an infestation. i hope the rest of your travels remind relatively bug free!

xoxo

jb